Thursday, September 29, 2011

Take Control of Your Lessons...

I've been a bit passive about my flying lessons to date.  I realize that I really need to treat each lesson as a "mini check ride" if I am going to get the most out of them.

So, I've been spending an hour or so the evening before I fly mapping out a full flight plan and lesson plan even though it's only 17 minutes out to the practice area and back.

I've also started verbalizing all of my maneuvers during the flight as if I were flying a check ride.  My instructor loves this.  He is starting to see himself as one of those curmudgeonly old FAA examiners giving me the full check ride treatment.

All of this is having the wonderful effect of slowly getting me ready to run the gauntlet of earning my private pilot certificate...

No comments:

Post a Comment